Rutgers University’s Summer Bridge Math Program is a great way for your student to keep their math skills sharp. There are five classes in the series, each consisting of 12 class sessions. Each class covers key math topics from one grade, 1st through 8th. The Summer Bridge Math Program is ideal for those who want to keep their student engaged during the summer, either to reinforce the learning gains made during the previous year or as a preview of the math topics they will face in the upcoming year.
Summer Bridge Math Classes Offer:
- Various class structures. Classes are offered in two different formats to fit your student's needs: the 3-week schedule that offers 4 sessions each week or the 6-week schedule that offers 2 sessions each week.
- Expert instruction. Each class is led by a veteran instructor who has spent years in the classroom and who is selected based on their ability to provide a friendly, interactive classroom experience.
- Sound curriculum. The topics for each class are chosen to align with widely-used math standards to ensure that your student spends class time developing the family of skills education experts have identified as central to math mastery at each grade level. View class content below.
- Fun, engaging tasks. Students interact with the virtual classroom by writing on class slides and manipulating objects on the screen.
- Out-of-class practice problems. Supplementary exercises are provided so that students can gain additional practice with each session’s topics to reinforce what they have learned.
- Easy-to-access online learning portal. Students can join live class sessions via their browser; no special software applications are required. For the best experience, students should access class on a laptop or desktop computer. Some sessions may include opportunities to participate via webcam or microphone, but microphones and webcams are not required. The content of each session is available for viewing 24 hours a day so that students can go back and review topics that they may find challenging.
Click the grade level to see the course content.